Re: [OT] List policy - [Was: Could you recommend CD/DVD writer program?]

Dne, 13. 10. 2009 17:44:22 je Gaspar Núñez napisal(a):
hi

i´m trying to change from windows to a free OS
and i'd like to try Debian
however i´m having some problems to install it
and the packages that i need to do my work

right know i would appreciate some help on the following:

i've dowloaded several times dvds 1 and 2
(debian-503-i386-DVD-1.iso and debian-503-i386-DVD-2.iso)
but when i check the md5 sum the codes never match

thanks

Gaspar

I'd reccommend downloading them with a BitTorrent client - BT is a
pretty robust protocol.

Good Luck!

--
Certifiable Loonix User #481801

  • Re: debian-user-digest Digest V2014 #1074
    ... checking the full error correction data. ... the devs and the users in debian is entirely inappropriate, ... Some packages could not be installed. ... I have just tried to install vlc on this laptop. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Debian or Ubuntu Dilemma
    ... Debian Stable < Ubuntu < Debian Testing/Unstable < Any Distro w/mutt packaging ... You'll eventually have to compile a few packages with any distro (from Debian ... Ubuntu seems to be a good balance if its default install does almost ...
    (Debian-User)
  • unsubscribe
    ... > Subject: debian newbie... ... If I need to recompile the kernel, ... Also, what other additional packages, ... >> The package you're trying to install presumably ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Switching from teTeX to TexLive in Ubuntu
    ... packages everything except: only Dutch language packs; ... using the Debian packages of TL. ... You are using the Ubuntu packages. ... It is a requirement for having different packages being able to install ...
    (comp.text.tex)
  • Re: Problems with debian install
    ... >>to install debian on a number of machines in a computer ... For Sarge, the number of CDs will be even larger once it is ... Set it up to get packages from a ...
    (Debian-User)