Re: Intel C++ Compiler, Debian Sid and libstdc++5/6

On Wed, 14 Oct 2009 19:57:12 -0300
Ivan Marin <ispmarin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello all,

I've just installed the Intel C++ compiler on a Debian Sid, amd64, icc
version 11.1.056. Even with the warnings (system not recognized, binutils
not found, etc), the compiler installs correctly. But when I try to use it,
it complains for libstdc++5. I've searched for the library, but it is not
avaliable anymore in sid repositories. I even did a soft link from
libstdc++6 to ++5, but then it complained with this message:

libstdc++.so.5: version `CXXABI_1.2' not found
libstdc++.so.5: version `GLIBCPP_3.2' not found

So I think that ++5 and ++6 are not compatible. I really would not like to
hunt down the libstdc++5 package and install it "by hand".

Did anybody succesfully used the intel compilers on sid? Any pointers?

Thanks!

Ivan Marin

First of all there is the libstdc++5 package, second, what version of icc are you using, I believe that they are using stdc++6 by now (at least the version I have installed)

  • Intel C++ Compiler, Debian Sid and libstdc++5/6
    ... I've just installed the Intel C++ compiler on a Debian Sid, amd64, icc ... not found, etc), the compiler installs correctly. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Call for Participation: CGO-5, 11-14 March 2007 - San Jose, California / Online Regist
    ... Programming a Massively Parallel Processor" ... Workshop on EPIC Architectures and Compiler Technology ... Code Generation and Optimization for Transactional Memory Constructs ... Cheng Wang (Intel Corporation), Wei-Yu Chen ...
    (comp.programming)
  • Re: AMD users READ this......
    ... where someone advises someone to stay away from AMD and Via because, ... Intel processors, I think that this post and link is completely appropriate, ... Of course this is directed at programmers who use the illegal Intel compiler ... "Many software developers think that the compiler is compatible with AMD ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Question about intel_VEC_memcpy
    ... Syntax such as array assignment and matmul() is highly productive of temporaries, some of which could be avoided by better optimization in the compiler. ... If you are willing to work with a current version of ifort, and to submit a case to Intel support, there is likely to be scope for improvement. ... a compiler can't avoid the allocation of a temporary array for the intermediate result. ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: censored by comp.compilers [was please suggest an OS and language a text]
    ... z/OS has way more hardware capability than Intel ... Linux has basically no doc except what people feel ... than simple file I/O to write a compiler, ...
    (comp.lang.misc)