Re: Intel C++ Compiler, Debian Sid and libstdc++5/6

On Wed, 14 Oct 2009 19:57:12 -0300
Ivan Marin <ispmarin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello all,

I've just installed the Intel C++ compiler on a Debian Sid, amd64, icc
version 11.1.056. Even with the warnings (system not recognized, binutils
not found, etc), the compiler installs correctly. But when I try to use it,
it complains for libstdc++5. I've searched for the library, but it is not
avaliable anymore in sid repositories. I even did a soft link from
libstdc++6 to ++5, but then it complained with this message:

libstdc++.so.5: version `CXXABI_1.2' not found
libstdc++.so.5: version `GLIBCPP_3.2' not found

So I think that ++5 and ++6 are not compatible. I really would not like to
hunt down the libstdc++5 package and install it "by hand".

Did anybody succesfully used the intel compilers on sid? Any pointers?

Thanks!

Ivan Marin

First of all there is the libstdc++5 package, second, what version of icc are you using, I believe that they are using stdc++6 by now (at least the version I have installed)