Re: Grub2 not setting the vga= on one of 3 partitions
- From: "Sridhar M.A." <mas@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2009 06:41:15 +0530
On Sat, Oct 17, 2009 at 02:13:41AM +0200, Tom H wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 17, 2009 at 2:03 AM, Wayne <linuxtwo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I finally have grub 2 installed. Whew. It works for testing but, does not
> > set the vga=31B on the stable entry.
With that entry, grub2 will put out a warning message that vga=xxx is
deprecated. It is better to use what grub2 recommends. I have the
following entry in /etc/grub.d/00_header
You can use vbeinfo from the grub2 prompt to find out the exact modes
your hardware supports.
Sridhar M.A. GPG KeyID : F6A35935
Fingerprint: D172 22C4 7CDC D9CD 62B5 55C1 2A69 D5D8 F6A3 5935
Nothing makes one so vain as being told that one is a sinner.
Conscience makes egotists of us all.
-- Oscar Wilde
Description: Digital signature
- Prev by Date: Re: Grub2 not setting the vga= on one of 3 partitions
- Next by Date: Re: Grub2 not setting the vga= on one of 3 partitions SOLVED
- Previous by thread: Re: Grub2 not setting the vga= on one of 3 partitions
- Next by thread: Re: Grub2 not setting the vga= on one of 3 partitions SOLVED