Re: broadcom-sta was removed

Jerome BENOIT skrev:
Does any one know why broadcom-sta was remove from Testing and Unstable ?

From the bug report:

"This driver has been orphaned and does not build against kernel
version 2.6.31. The hardware it supports should now be handled by the
in-tree b43 driver."

It seems that b43 is supposed to do everything that broadcom-sta did.
(To use b43, you may need to install b43-fwcutter from contrib, and let it download firmware for your card. I have to, at least.)

See:
http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/b43-fwcutter

Hope it helps.

/ johan

  • Re: the ghost of UEFI and Micr0$0ft
    ... release their own kernel modules and installers outside of the ... from a 'trusted' environment. ... direct hardware access except for signed components. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: low-MHz server
    ... This is a precompiled kernel for that hardware that I found on the net ... Woody stock kernels do not support that hardware. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: low-MHz server
    ... This is a precompiled kernel for that hardware that I found on the net ... Woody stock kernels do not support that hardware. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Switching from ipw3945 to iwl3945 driver]
    ... The ipw3945 driver requires closed-source components and has been ... The kernel developers, on the other ... unknown hardware address type 801. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Diagnosing occassional random reboots
    ... reboot. ... the symptoms do sound like hardware. ... I think hardware is far more likely to be a the problem than the kernel version. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)