Re: Awstats Cron job not executing
- From: Andrew Sackville-West <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 20:51:56 -0700
On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 07:08:04PM -0700, Kushal Koolwal wrote:
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
Try becoming the www-data user and trying the above
line from the command line directly? perhaps you'll get some helpful
Actually I did intended to send the output of the above in my original mail=
but I forgot. Here is the output:
debian:~# sudo -u www-data /usr/bin/perl /usr/lib/cgi-bin/awstats.pl -updat=
Create/Update database for config "/etc/awstats/awstats.mydomain.conf" by A=
WStats version 6.7 (build 1.892)
From data in log file "/var/log/apache2/access.log"...Error: Couldn't open server log file "/var/log/apache2/access.log" : Permis=
what are the permissions on /var/log/apache2?
Setup ('/etc/awstats/awstats.mydoamin.conf' file=2C web server or permissio=
ns) may be wrong.
Check config file=2C permissions and AWStats documentation (in 'docs' direc=
Not sure where else I need to give permission to www-data. As noted in my p=
revious mail=2C access.log already has "read" permission. Also I checked "a=
wstats.mydomain.conf" but did not find anything related to www-data and cro=
not sure what else to suggest. On my machines access.log has
-rw-r---- root adm
so to read the logs chmod o+r or access them from the adm group.
sorry, I've got nothing else to suggest.
Description: Digital signature
- Prev by Date: Re: How to get X to autostart after upgrade to Squeeze?
- Next by Date: Re: Network Manager wants to access default keyring
- Previous by thread: RE: Awstats Cron job not executing
- Next by thread: RE: Awstats Cron job not executing [SOLVED]