Re: apt-get does not resume downloading

Thank You for Your time and answer, Boyd:

It does resume downloading, just not in the middle of a single file. (It will
only download files that are missing.) Resuming in the middle of a file has
shown to be problematic and is not supported by all the mirrors anyway.
Resuming in the middle of a file results in a file with a bad checksum more
often than restarting the file entirely.

I have downloaded one package with wget to partial dir. - why it did not
install it but rather has started downloading again?

Can I check its integrity (of the downloaded by wget file) by issuing

apt-get install package

?

  • Re: apt-get does not resume downloading
    ... only download files that are missing.) ... Resuming in the middle of a file results in a file with a bad checksum more ... install packagename should work. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Write a download manager
    ... multithreaded HTTPresource downloading ... Resuming also fully supported - right out of the box. ... A download manager with the functionality similar to Mass Downloader / ... the eMule / eDonkey format (for multipart and multithreading data ...
  • RE: File downloader problem
    ... Today that file have grown and the download ... resuming, so I'm now searching for any documentation about resuming and HTTP ... As far as I've read I need to use HTTP headers to specify ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb)
  • Re: Tiger and interrupted downloads
    ... As mentioned already Safari supports resuming downloads if the server ... If you're worried about a large download being ... downloads window. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: tool for internet connection test
    ... they said that they were clueless as to what was causing the problem ... on line sync) and download quantity the rest of the time. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)