Re: apt-get does not resume downloading

Thank You for Your time and answer, Boyd:

It does resume downloading, just not in the middle of a single file. (It will
only download files that are missing.) Resuming in the middle of a file has
shown to be problematic and is not supported by all the mirrors anyway.
Resuming in the middle of a file results in a file with a bad checksum more
often than restarting the file entirely.

I have downloaded one package with wget to partial dir. - why it did not
install it but rather has started downloading again?

Can I check its integrity (of the downloaded by wget file) by issuing

apt-get install package

?