sun-java6-plugin on amd64
- From: "Todd A. Jacobs" <nospam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 14:58:44 -0800
I can't seem to get the Java6 plugin working on my 64-bit
testing/unstable system. I have the following installed:
The Sun JVM seems to be the system default:
$ update-alternatives --display java
java - manual mode
link currently points to /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun/jre/bin/java
/usr/bin/gij-4.2 - priority 42
/usr/bin/gij-4.3 - priority 43
/usr/bin/gij-4.4 - priority 1044
/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk/jre/bin/java - priority 1061
slave java.1.gz: /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk/jre/man/man1/java.1.gz
/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun/jre/bin/java - priority 63
slave java.1.gz: /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun/jre/man/man1/java.1.gz
/usr/lib/jvm/java-gcj/jre/bin/java - priority 1043
slave java.1.gz: /usr/lib/jvm/java-gcj/man/man1/java.1.gz
Current `best' version is /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk/jre/bin/java.
and yet Iceweasel steadfastly refuses to acknowledge the java6 plugin in
about:plugins. Has anyone actually gotten the 64-bit java6 plugin to
work, and if so, what is the missing incantation?
"Oh, look: rocks!"
-- Doctor Who, "Destiny of the Daleks"
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: setting screen resolution to 1366x768
- Next by Date: radeon/radeonhd issues with xen domU
- Previous by thread: re: setting screen resolution to 1366x768
- Next by thread: Re: sun-java6-plugin on amd64