Re: OT: access ftp when it is blocked

On Thu, 3 Dec 2009 10:13:31 +0000
Liviu Andronic <landronimirc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

(wildly off-topic)
Dear all
I have a nasty Internet connection that blocks mostly everything but
HTTP. Thus I cannot access FTP content such as this [1]. Would anyone
have an idea on how to access FTP content solely by using HTTP?

Thank you
Liviu

I think that you want HTTP tunneling. I've never done it, but here are
some links:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_tunnel
http://www.nocrew.org/software/httptunnel.html
http://www.jumperz.net/index.php?i=2&a=0&b=0
http://www.http-tunnel.com/html/
http://butterseite.antville.org/stories/528488

Celejar

  • OT: access ftp when it is blocked
    ... I have a nasty Internet connection that blocks mostly everything but ... Thus I cannot access FTP content such as this. ... have an idea on how to access FTP content solely by using HTTP? ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • RE: unable to FTP
    ... Unsure what you are asking when you say active or passive. ... access FTP sites out on the internet not trying to publish my own FTP server ... > have created an access rule to allow HTTP, HTTPS and FTP from source internal ... > I can access sites on both ports 80 and 443 but I am unable to access FTP ...
    (microsoft.public.isa)
  • Re: Using ports and pkg_add over HTTP
    ... I can't access FTP from my network. ... install over HTTP, ... And for ports, you can add the following in make.conf to make the ports ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Using ports and pkg_add over HTTP
    ... is there any possible way to use the FreeBSD package management over HTTP? ... I can't access FTP from my network. ... As I know I can install over HTTP, ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: Youtube flash not working
    ... Is anyone else heen experiencing Flash problems on Youtube? ... The key is to make HTTP into HTTPS for some bizarre reason that only ... subject of "unsubscribe". ... Trouble? ...
    (Debian-User)