re: increasing screen resolution, nvidia xconf.org

Please see an email below for a solution to a similar problem I had with the screen resolution not being detected properly on a HP Compaq Presario laptop.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: re: setting screen resolution to 1366x768 [SOLVED]
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 18:14:54 +0200
From: Alexander Kaphuk <sashaandtanya@xxxxxxxxx>
To: debian-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

I'd like to once again thank those of you who have responded to my earlier emails on the subject in question.

The solution to my problem turned out to be an easy one. I upgraded to Squeeze which uses 'xserver-xorg-video-nv' version '1:2.1.14-2', which automatically sets the screen resolution to '1366x768'.

So I thought I'd report back to the community just in case someone else find themselves in a similar situation and might find this post useful.

Regards,

Alexander Kapshuk.

  • Re: Squeeze on 15" laptop, change aspect ratio?
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: video card / crt monitor problem ?
    (Debian-User)
  • kernel param : why acpi=off breaks screen resolution ?
    ... on my laptop Acer I have to pass kernel parameter acpi=off to be able to setup screen brightness via the Fn key. ... I tried same thing with Ubuntu 11.04: it works perfectly as FN keys works without any loss of screen resolution. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: setting screen resolution to 1366x768
    ... ModelName "Aquos LCD LC-32G2W" ... a useful resource for calculating modelines is ... The screen resolution was automatically set to 1024x768. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: X resolution: dpk-reconfigure xserver-xfree86 does nothing
    ... trying to increase my screen resolution from 800x600 to something ... I tried running dpg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86 and it returned ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ... Trouble? ...
    (Debian-User)