Re: [OT] Customizing keyboard shortcuts in Iceweasel

On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 12:01 PM, Andrei Popescu
<andreimpopescu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sun,06.Dec.09, 19:17:37, Celejar wrote:

I keep seeing this mentioned, and I suppose I ought to finally look
into it.  I have been using vi for years, but I haven't *really* learned
it, and I still don't feel all that comfortable with it.

When you restart iceweasel after activating it (I installed it from the
repo, not upstream) it will show an introduction page with links to the
tutorial and the general help. I definitely recommend going through the
tutorial.
+1 Vimperator Rocks !

- Only three letters will separate you from your Bookmarks ('g(o|n)B'
to go (in same/new tab) Bookmark and 'mB' to save it)
- You can record macros an exec it (q/@)
- Go to links without mouse (f/F)
- Vim keys !

Regards,

  • Re: Suggestions for publicity?
    ... open to any and all suggestions of what I ought to be doing to promote ... sent off copies to two publications likely to review it. ... a couple of those bookmarks within another book on the shelves that's ... Take bookmarks and cards with you whenever you go further from home ...
    (rec.arts.sf.composition)
  • Re: Canonscan Lide 110 - anyone used this?
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Poll: debian-newcomer list [Was: Re: newbies needing help for graphic login]
    ... I was drawn to try out Linux, ... From: Andrei Popescu ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Bookmarks (Was: iceweasel 3 in sid)
    ... Since there's always a chance I might be using someone else's PC when I'm out and about, not to mention that I sometimes switch between two PCs while as work and always clear my browser history before signing off, I've found that the best place to keep frequently used bookmarks is in my head. ... I can type URLs like: ... For less frequently used URLs that I'm likely to forget I add the to a "bookmarks" page on the test web server running on my home Debian box. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Canonscan Lide 110 - anyone used this?