Re: email server

On Sun December 13 2009, Stan Hoeppner wrote:
Eeeww, you're in a bad neighborhood Paul:
good old US of A :)
oh, you mean my mail server? sorry about that!
How do you know they are full of spammers?
I moved from my old domain hosting people last year ( 2 years?) because there
was an issue of AT&T/Bellsouth blocking my domain emails from getting to
bellsouth people ( Most of my neighbothood is AT&T!) so that was BAD. After 2
weeks of fighting, I gave up, dropped AT&T & my domain host and went with
other companies. I thought everything was FINE...

Dec 13 14:35:52 greer postfix/smtpd[16900]: connect from[]
Dec 13 14:35:52 greer postfix/smtpd[16900]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from[]: 554 5.7.1
<[]>: Client host rejected: Access denied;
from=<ale@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> to=<stan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> proto=ESMTP
Dec 13 14:35:52 greer postfix/smtpd[16900]: disconnect from[]

# Liquid Web                            12/27/2008                         REJECT                         REJECT                          REJECT                         REJECT

Liquid Web is chock full of spammers, and I can see why you'd want to
move your outbound mail out of there.  But why go from bad to worse by
hosting it at SOHO behind DynDNS?

no, I don't want to host MY domain on dyndns, I want to host my dyndns domain
on my laptop, just to setup & test my own email server. I want to host my
REAL domain at home, on my Debian Desktop..... but I want to GET IT RIGHT
before I mess up my domain emails...

Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800
Registered Ubuntu User #12459

  • Re: Why cant this XP machine send email to a particular Yahoo account?
    ... That doesn't stipulate that you are using one IP address (for the WAN-side of a NAT router) or have separate IP addresses for each of your hosts. ... You might have paid to get two IP addresses from your ISP and are using just a router so each host is seen as having a different IP address. ... If and only if a good status is received from the mail server by the e-mail client then the e-mail client moves that message into the Sent Items folder. ...
  • Re: 2 mail servers, 1 domain
    ... You would do this by assigning each mail server at each ... envelope addreses and header addresses. ... actually used by sendmail for delivery. ... delivery of the message to the correct host. ...
  • Re: host availability
    ... >>>, my default gateway, comcast's mail server etc. ... a host was "up or down". ... If you don't get an answer to a ping request, ... happened to reset the interface right then, remote system got trojaned ...
  • Re: connecting via broadband?
    ... > Ping statistics for ... >> mail server and that it is responsive so you get a mail session ... >> host that responds to 'ping' does NOT mean the server program is ... >> actually running or responsive on that host. ...
  • Re: NDR Outgoing mail to certain Domain (inexperienced exchange ad
    ... WARN -- Mail server host name in greeting WARNING: ... mailservers is claiming to be a host other than what it really is (the SMTP ... it's important just to have that PTR record. ...