Re: Problems with Debian PowerPC

On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 11:39:39PM +0100, Frans Pop wrote:
This looks like a fairly likely reason:
http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/gnome-core

For some reason the package was forced to testing even though it was not
available on all architectures.

If that is the reason, then it means that Gnome is currently not
installable on all but 5 architectures. With powerpc probably the only one
very many people will really care about (though that's a steadily
declining number).

It's almost certain that both the relevant package maintainer and the
release team are already aware of this and that it has been a conscious
choice to accept the breakage.

Given that the package version clearly indicates it reached testing by way
of testing-proposed-updates, I think it's unwise to assume this. Cc:ing
debian-release for input on the uninstallability of gnome in testing.

Ubuntu Developer http://www.debian.org/
slangasek@xxxxxxxxxx vorlon@xxxxxxxxxx