Re: Problems with Debian PowerPC
- From: Steve Langasek <vorlon@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 14:49:47 -0800
On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 11:39:39PM +0100, Frans Pop wrote:
This looks like a fairly likely reason:
For some reason the package was forced to testing even though it was not
available on all architectures.
If that is the reason, then it means that Gnome is currently not
installable on all but 5 architectures. With powerpc probably the only one
very many people will really care about (though that's a steadily
It's almost certain that both the relevant package maintainer and the
release team are already aware of this and that it has been a conscious
choice to accept the breakage.
Given that the package version clearly indicates it reached testing by way
of testing-proposed-updates, I think it's unwise to assume this. Cc:ing
debian-release for input on the uninstallability of gnome in testing.
Steve Langasek Give me a lever long enough and a Free OS
Debian Developer to set it on, and I can move the world.
Ubuntu Developer http://www.debian.org/
Description: Digital signature
- Prev by Date: Re: Msn protocol
- Next by Date: Re: Problems with Debian PowerPC
- Previous by thread: Re: Problems with Debian PowerPC
- Next by thread: Re: Problems with Debian PowerPC