Re: Debian Etch Install

Hello, Osamu,
The system is connected to a home DSL network. I did not try to download any
packages, but that doesn't mean the install program didn't. I was using the
four-DVDs of the standard Etch distribution. It does make sense that the
install would hang if it tried to get files from the wrong address. I tried
to download the DVD images for Lenny last night, but Bit-Torrent was just
too slow (10 hours) and it was not at all clear to me what I was supposed to
do to enable Jigdo. So, I will have to make up my mind as to how to get
Lenny and try that. Thanks for the help.

Cecil

  • Re: RealPlayer Guidance Needed
    ... When I started apt-get install linux32 dire warnings of essentials to be removed caused me to quickly abort the installation. ... if you really want to use the real stuff download the .bin of the latest version. ... It works on Lenny at least, but not really better than Mplayer's plugin... ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Multimedia Lenny is History!
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Where are the installer images for release 5.0.9 of lenny (old stable)