Re: Debian Etch Install

  • Re: Noob Question :-/ ....
    ... I know almost for certain that the *BSD's do not support ... (I'm following your example from ad4s1; ordinarily with a Linux kernel ... is there some specific reason why you want to run Debian with a FreeBSD ... had OpenBSD on there a couple of years ago, admittedly w/ no NFS, also ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Request for Hardware Compatability Resources.
    ... | These motherboards alone are priced around $100.00 Canadian, ... | How would you compare these two for use with Debian. ... | Would one grep in the kernel source? ... info on the VT8235 support. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • debian installer does not recognize uli sata controller
    ... i am refering to a post from july 2005 in debian-user ("Debian Installer ... SATA detection"). ... which is shipped with the kernel. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Debian Wheezy - Kernel 3.2.X - Broadcom 57766 driver support
    ... I'm running debian wheezy with custom 3.7.1 kernel to support my ... However since this is a server I would rather use a ... Just thought maybe I was lucky and some user had created a patch for tg3.h/tg3.c to back port the support.. ... Would just prefer to have debian auto-updated kernel on a server, compared to manual patching to keeping up-to-date.. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: "wget && tar" vs "apt-get install"
    ... my hardware has 486sx cpu and both lenny/squeeze installer ... I need kernel 2.6.35 onward 'cause has support for my onboard eth ... I've installed debian etch (swap partition requested during text ... finally "apt-get distpugrade" etch to lenny and then lenny to ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)