Re: gaim and pidgin connection problem
- From: bruno <bruno.debian@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2010 09:00:40 +0100
Daniel Bareiro wrote:
On Wednesday, 23 December 2009 15:16:42 +0800,
Yuwen Dai wrote:
I don't have such a problem. Can you get some kind of hint from the
output of the pidgin debug output window?
The error message is : Our protocol is not supported by the server.
The version of pidgin is 2.4.3.
Also I had this problem with Yahoo and MSN with Pidgin 2.4.3 in Debian
GNU/Linux Lenny. I suppose that this would have to that it is an old
version that doesn't contemplate the changes that became in both
With Pidgin 2.6.3 of backports I didn't have problems.
Add this in /etc/apt/sources.list
deb http://www.backports.org/debian lenny-backports main contrib non-free
apt-get install debian-backports-keyring
apt-get install -t lenny-backports pidgin
From the spanish list (in spanish) : http://xbitcarry.wordpress.com/2009/11/10/instalar-pidgin-2-6-2-en-debian-lenny/
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: Masquerading problems: squeeze via lenny
- Next by Date: Re: A-posteriori use of another HDD for the /home/username
- Previous by thread: Re: gaim and pidgin connection problem
- Next by thread: Re: can't get CUPS working with Xerox Phaser 6280DN