Re: Hosting in the US

On 2010-01-08 at 19:53:38 -0500, Julien Vehent wrote:
allllmost ! just replace bsd by debian and I'm in :p

The following is my own personal opinion and does not necessarily
represent the opinion or the official position of the Debian organization
itself. I am not a Debian developer and I do not speak for the Debian
organization in any capacity. I am just a Debian user. That is all.

I'll tell you one outfit I will definitely *not* recommend: multibuild.org.
I don't know if they offer a general hosting service or not, but they
do host at least one web server for the Debian organization itself:
lophos.multibuild.org. I don't know what else may be on that server, but
one thing I do know that is on that server, or is supposed to be on
that server, is the latest development version of Debian Installer for
the s390 architecture. See the following web page:

On that page, click on the "s390" link, which is under the heading
"other images (netboot, usb stick, floppy, etc)". This is supposed
to take you to http://lophos.multibuild.org/d-i/images/daily/
but it doesn't. It times out. As far as I can tell, the server is
down. And it has been down for days, maybe as long as two weeks.
I don't know. Maybe Debian didn't pay their bill or something.
But I've sent the sysadmin a note about it days ago, and nothing
happens. I'm glad they don't host for me. In the meantime, I am
forced to wait.

  • Re: Debian vs. other firewall/server operating systems
    ... server level has so far been with a minimal command-line only Debian ... Stable installation. ... Debian list. ... Application support. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: unexpected script output
    ... For some of them, I perfectly understand why, and I do not even want to do workarounds: it would be stupid. ... I understand why it is useful on a server with ssh connection, but having no alternative for desktop use as single-user computers sounds strange for me. ... I knows about linux's existence since less that 10 years, and only started to use my own installation 4-5 years ago (if I except my failure with Debian potato, which I successfully installed the first time, but without X server. ... I protect important things: root access:) I mostly protect it against my own mistakes... ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: debian-user-digest Digest V2011 #1691
    ... Any ideas as to how I can persuade my Debian system to cancel the ACM ... I recently had to do a new installation of squeeze on a production server. ... From days when we did not have any internet connectivity at home ...
    (Debian-User)
  • RE: Debian LIVE CD
    ... Bootcd is very simple. ... it will boot to the same machine as it was created from. ... Creating a LIVE CD with Debian Testing ... PXE/TFTP Boot server within a M$ DHCP Environment ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Community hostility [Was Recent spam increase]
    ... the most practical mail filtering or sorting is ... almost always done server side before your MUA even gets the mail. ... greatest problems with Debian or any other list. ... For example, for all the strange dislike between Debian and Ubuntu, I ...
    (Debian-User)