Re: Synaptics touchpad works even though it's not in xorg.conf

On Sat, Jan 9, 2010 at 3:10 PM, Mihira Fernando <mihiratheace@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sat, 9 Jan 2010 14:54:53 +0000
George <pinkisntwell@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

My synaptics touchpad is working even though it's not in xorg.conf.
The only input devices there are the keyboard and the mouse. How can I
disable it? I tried adding it, restarting xorg and then use synclient
to disable it but it looks like the Synaptics section in xorg.conf is
not detected.

How can I disable the touchpad? I don't need it.

Doesnt disabling it from the keyboard work ? Function key + F?
key (fn+F7 on my laptop)

I'm not on that computer right now so I'll let you know when I go
back. However, the affected laptop does have a small button to toggle
the touchpad on and off, which doesn't work on debian, even though the
LED will change colors.

  • Re: Occasional random cursor movement while typing
    ... I did not see the same thing in Debian Squeeze, ... I turned off the touchpad, so now I have just the Trackpoint enabled. ... Error compiling keymap ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: see ya
    ... (Speaking of laptops, I have a Fujitsu that is all around a good ... laptop but it's the touchpad that is too sensitive. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ... Trouble? ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: clean install of FC2
    ... I think it's because red hat just thought you had a 3 buttons ... > I backed up my laptop, and did a clean install of FC2 last night. ... Then I tried to use the touchpad. ... > To unsubscribe: http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: ibm T40 and xorg.conf
    ... Synaptics Touchpad touchpad found ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)