Re: Synaptics touchpad works even though it's not in xorg.conf

On Sat, Jan 9, 2010 at 3:10 PM, Mihira Fernando <mihiratheace@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sat, 9 Jan 2010 14:54:53 +0000
George <pinkisntwell@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

My synaptics touchpad is working even though it's not in xorg.conf.
The only input devices there are the keyboard and the mouse. How can I
disable it? I tried adding it, restarting xorg and then use synclient
to disable it but it looks like the Synaptics section in xorg.conf is
not detected.

How can I disable the touchpad? I don't need it.

Doesnt disabling it from the keyboard work ? Function key + F?
key (fn+F7 on my laptop)

I'm not on that computer right now so I'll let you know when I go
back. However, the affected laptop does have a small button to toggle
the touchpad on and off, which doesn't work on debian, even though the
LED will change colors.