Upgrade wants too many packages (X and apache).

Greetings,

My latest apt-get update; apt-get dist-upgrade wants to install too
much cruft for me, namely apache2-mpm-prefork and *all* the
xserver-xorg-video-* packages, along with some others. Usually it just
wants to install one or two, keep a few and upgrade a bunch.

I don't know why would any package depend specifically on apache
instead of on a webserver (which i have), and apt-cache rdepends
didn't show me anything interesting. The only package i have that
could remotely ring a bell would be apache2-utils (i have it for
htpasswd), but it doesn't depend on apache.

Also, i have xserver-xorg-video-nv and xserver-xorg-video-fbdev, why
would apt want to install xserver-xorg-video-all?!

TIA,
Nuno

--
() ascii-rubanda kampajno - kontraŭ html-a retpoŝto
/\ ascii ribbon campaign - against html e-mail

    ... We have chosen to install packages on each node, and have Apache ... I> Upgrading will involve recompilation of one or more things from source - ... You can create your own package ...
    (SunManagers)
  • FreeBSD 4.10 and finding dependant packages
    ... Technologies Bandwidth Manager" set up. ... Part of the ETBWMGR's requirements is to have apache installed, ... However, now when I go to install php, I get an error message (Error ... package, I get a "This package is required by 2 other packages" error ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: Sources.list Question
    ... updating the package list. ... Repeat if you need to upgrade just that package, either by install it ... I need to upgrade Opendkim version 2.0.1 but squeeze repository remains ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: How to avoid screen blanking?