Re: console resolution

On Fri, 2010-01-22 at 13:08 -0500, Stephen Powell wrote:
<snip>
Jeffrey Cao wrote in another post that grub2 can support the traditional
vga kernel option by means of editing /etc/default/grub and adding the
line

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX="vga=xxx"

and then running "update-grub" to update /boot/grub/grub.cfg. But I
haven't tried it myself. I'm not going to de-install lilo and install
grub2 to find out.
<snip?

I've succesfully used that method to set the screen mode on several
Debian Squeeze computers with grub2. That method is currently the only
real way, as there is not a clean way to configure gfxpayload yet. (You
have to manually patch the Grub scripts, because it hasn't been applied
it to the version which Debian ships.)

--
Tixy

  • Re: No more GRUB legacy at install time since wheezy?
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: New testing install; no /boot/grub/menu.lst exists.
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Grub 1.5 error after update
    ... It allowed me to reinstall Grub, then I purged Grub-pc (grub2) and was ... testing of the grub2 install, ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...