Re: selected debian questions: raid & performance tips

--- On Wed, 1/27/10, Johannes Wiedersich <johannes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: Johannes Wiedersich <johannes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: selected debian questions: raid & performance tips
To: debian-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wednesday, January 27, 2010, 11:59 PM

Thanks!!

This was exactly what I need.

Are you sureb about ext3 though? I thought that ext2 would give better results on postgresql because I have raid and the database is ACID compliant.

Dino

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Hardware recommendation for collocation
    ... manage the RAID and run a cronjob to tell me if anything has gone ... alternate boot media, picking which kernel to boot, and toggling the ... Do they work well with Debian, ... SCSI hot-swap drives, with the NetRaid card, e100 ethernet. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Need advice on cloning Debian server
    ... At work we have a Debian file server, running Squeeze, which needs to be cloned to new hardware and then the old machine will be retired. ... A new faster system has been built with two 2Tb SATA drives and we want to set this up with RAID 1 and again LVM. ... My inexperience with Linux in general and Debian means that I am unsure how to do this efficiently, given that we are going from a 4 disc RAID 5 setup to a 2 disc RAID 1 setup instead. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • building new server, hardware ideas?
    ... Clients are always Debian. ... Raid 1 for system minimun 4 GB and database minimum 16 GB ... reiserfs but xfs is really nice on SGI, but needs to compile in to the ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Disk partitioning suggestions to transition a Mac Pro to Debian
    ... The configuration was that the first 500 GB disk holds the OS, the two other 500 GB drives are RAID 1 for all my data and work. ... I also don't think I need to keep the Time Machine backup, because all my work from now on will be under Debian. ... I have looked around for install reports and I know I have install rEFIt to get the dual boot working, but I'm still uncertain about how to best organize things. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Adaptec 2100s & Debian stable
    ... that raid and the installation process terminates fine. ... after linux loads i20 modules and founds hdd... ... Debian everthing work s fine. ...
    (Debian-User)