Re: debian embebed

Jesus arteche put forth on 2/10/2010 10:44 AM:
hello,

I have afonera 2.0n, with openwrt and the chip rt3052 from ralink, and I
like to install debian instead openwrt, someone know if it could be posible
and howto do?

The rt3052 uses the MIPs instruction set, so if it is possible to run Debian on
that device, this is the first place to start researching:

http://www.debian.org/ports/mips/

Your biggest obstacle is getting the Linux kernel to boot on that router device.
Thus, you may want to ask around on embedded linux fora to see if anyone is
getting _any_ Linux distro to boot on it.

--
Stan

  • Re: FullHD notebook support under Debian (sid)
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Debian Installation on a cybercafe PC
  • Re: Which Linux should I use?
    ... I am looking for advice in which distro ... > patches support period, and easy to find packages that are already ... Install Debian stable. ... what was Linux like in the early 90's?" ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • How to install ?
    ... I want to join to Linux Users, now i'm using MS-Win XP Home, but i want to install Debian on my computer, i'v downloaded all of 7 CD Images from FTP site and already have em on CD. ... problem is here that, i want to keep my windows xp and use linux behind my windows without loosing anything, i have just one partition that's C and the capacity of drive is 60GB that 25 GB is free. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: appliance firewall
    ... Now, as for OpenWRT, it's a minimal but fairly thorough linux ... NAT and iptables are standard; I do not know if there is ... A web interface is also available. ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)