Re: kernel update

On Sun, 14 Feb 2010 20:53:11 -0500 (EST), Jim Pazarena wrote:

is there a CLI command (or commands) which can update
the kernel, similar to apt-get ?

I'm not sure what you're asking. The kernel is just another package, as far
as the package management system is concerned. It is updated the same way
all packages are:

aptitude update
aptitude full-ugrade

This of course assumes that you have internet and security sources defined
in /etc/apt/sources.list. (And, for the stable release, the volatile
source as well.)

  • Re: VPN / PPTP
    ... I have seen similar errors when my local copies of Package files get out of date with respect to the repository. ... my kernel before, and so far failing at the first stage. ... You may want to run apt-get update to correct these problems ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: cant see wireless card
    ... 0301 RT2561/RT61 802.11g PCI ... rt2500 chipset (that's why I went for the rt2500 package in the first ... I've compiled the module on my system (still using the old kernel, ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: System Only Recognizes up to 1GB RAM
    ... linux with the 2.6.15 kernel. ... their amd64 port? ... Which linux-image package do you have installed? ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Switching from ipw3945 to iwl3945 driver]
    ... The 2.6.24 kernel has recently hit unstable, ... is available as a package). ... The switching instructions are available at ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)