Re: how to convince that debian is one the three major choices for a stable server environment?

On Mon, 22 Feb 2010 11:51:40 -0500 (EST), Avi Greenbury wrote:
Stephen Powell wrote:

Note that Debian made "Server distribution of the year" in 2008,
according to a member survey conducted by

It's likely worth noting that Debian's just done it again:

I must say, though, that that awards page looks a little sparse and
outdated. I'm not certain that that page would necessarily leave a
positive impression - two awards in the last six years...

Thanks for the new link. And that's a good point about the awards page.
If I were preparing a report for management, I guess I would include
the links for the 2008 and 2009 "server of the year awards" and
not reference Debian's own awards page.