Re: ext4dev stability

Use the kernel from lenny-backports. You may also need to use the
kmuto installer: http://kmuto.jp/debian/d-i/

On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 12:19 PM, Jason Voorhees <jvoorhees1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi people:

I was reading a little about ext4 support in Lenny and I know it isn't
ready yet, just trough ext4dev module/filesystem. If I decide to
create a ext4dev filesystem, and mounting it with the option
'nodelalloc' (according to
http://ext4.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Ext4_Howto), can I have a stable
ext4 filesystem to use in production? Or even disabling 'delayed
allocation' in ext4dev in Lenny is still not recommendable to use in
production systems?

I just want to use an ext4 filesystem without having to recompile my
kernel nor using testing repositories nor losing the stability group
of packages provided by Debian Lenny.

What would you suggest me?

Thanks

Jordan Metzmeier

  • Re: Re: hard crash on leap second
    ... It is a known problem on 2.6.21 but may appear on any kernel before ... It should not happen on Lenny kernel. ... Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Serious clock problem
    ... machine is hosting 8 virtual machines, 5 running Etch and 3 running ... Forcing the kernel to use acpi_pm as clocksource instead of TSC ... I've got a Dell Latitude D630 that does this in "lenny", ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: answer button in Skype client
    ... PETER EASTHOPE wrote: ... In Skype 2.0.0.68 in Xfce4 in Lenny with kernel ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Partitioning my new 1TB drive
    ... I have a Lenny box that was quite happy to create an ext4 file system, but it wouldn't mount due to the file system not being properly supported:confused: So, I simply reverted back to ext3. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: ext4 as default FS ?