Re: Recovered!! (was Re: Anyone Care to Critique my Apt Preferences? (was Re: apt-cacher as package rollback buffer))
- From: Tony Nelson <tonynelson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 13:17:37 -0500
On 10-02-27 12:04:08, Freeman wrote:
Following the big xserver-org/mesa seg-fault/crash I was at grub
playing space invaders.
1.) I could reach the diversion to maintenance mode where it
recommended running e2fsck on mounted partitions, which I eventually
I would usually either boot from a "rescue" CD (or an installer and
choose Rescue mode), or add the kernel boot option "forcefsck" along
with the "ro" option (on both Debian and Red Hat systems).
2.) On restart I got up and running with errors flying everywhere,...
missing files and directories and frequent process failures.
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: release cycles, security supports for multiple OSes
- Next by Date: 2.6.32 kernel needs noapic on Acer Travelmate 430 which earlier kernels did not need
- Previous by thread: Recovered!! (was Re: Anyone Care to Critique my Apt Preferences? (was Re: apt-cacher as package rollback buffer))
- Next by thread: Re: Anyone Care to Critique my Apt Preferences? (was Re: apt-cacher as package rollback buffer)