Re: rendering languages?
- From: Dotan Cohen <dotancohen@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 09:06:22 +0200
Ok go to this website:
Instead of seeing Japanese characters I see a bunch of square boxes.
If I copy/paste into Gedit I see same weird boxes.
I see Japanese characters. Since I'm nothing but a bog-standard American
who doesn't do any RTL editing but can still see the Japanese fonts, your
problem must be that you don't have the proper fonts.
I agree, font issue. The OP needs to check his fonts.
To confirm, Zachary can paste the square boxes from the webpage to a
reply mail. Even though he does not have the correct fonts, the
unicode values should stay intact and we should see Japanese.
Please CC me if you want to be sure that I read your message. I do not
read all list mail.
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: Debian 5 security issue
- Next by Date: Re: How to know if DVI connection is digital or analogue?
- Previous by thread: Re: rendering languages?
- Next by thread: Re: rendering languages?