Re: rendering languages?

Ok go to this website:
http://yutori7.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/news4vip/1268146249/l50
Instead of seeing Japanese characters I see a bunch of square boxes.
If I copy/paste into Gedit I see same weird boxes.

I see Japanese characters.  Since I'm nothing but a bog-standard American
who doesn't do any RTL editing but can still see the Japanese fonts, your
problem must be that you don't have the proper fonts.

I agree, font issue. The OP needs to check his fonts.

To confirm, Zachary can paste the square boxes from the webpage to a
reply mail. Even though he does not have the correct fonts, the
unicode values should stay intact and we should see Japanese.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://bido.com
http://what-is-what.com

Please CC me if you want to be sure that I read your message. I do not
read all list mail.

  • Reflection, Japanese, and UTF-8 on Win2000?
    ... But I am not seeing the Japanese characters rendered as Japanese characters on my screen. ... I have Reflection's Setup, Terminal, Emulation, Host character set field set to ... But this font does not appear on Reflection's list of fonts at ... Setup, Display, Fonts, it appears to be accepted, but I still cannot get Japanese characters to appear on my screen. ...
    (comp.sys.hp.mpe)
  • Re: Strategic Storagizing
    ... the mobi format on Kindle supports multiple body fonts: ... display mixed fonts is very encouraging. ... Only if it turns out to be untrue that "Kindle has only one font, ... The sample display with English and Japanese characters was a Kindle. ...
    (rec.arts.sf.written)
  • Re: Strategic Storagizing
    ... the mobi format on Kindle supports multiple body fonts: ... Only if it turns out to be untrue that "Kindle has only one font, ... The sample display with English and Japanese characters was a Kindle. ... djheydt at gmail dot com ...
    (rec.arts.sf.written)