Re: rendering languages?

Ok go to this website:
Instead of seeing Japanese characters I see a bunch of square boxes.
If I copy/paste into Gedit I see same weird boxes.

I see Japanese characters.  Since I'm nothing but a bog-standard American
who doesn't do any RTL editing but can still see the Japanese fonts, your
problem must be that you don't have the proper fonts.

I agree, font issue. The OP needs to check his fonts.

To confirm, Zachary can paste the square boxes from the webpage to a
reply mail. Even though he does not have the correct fonts, the
unicode values should stay intact and we should see Japanese.

Dotan Cohen

Please CC me if you want to be sure that I read your message. I do not
read all list mail.