Re: rendering languages?

Ok go to this website:
http://yutori7.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/news4vip/1268146249/l50
Instead of seeing Japanese characters I see a bunch of square boxes.
If I copy/paste into Gedit I see same weird boxes.

I see Japanese characters.  Since I'm nothing but a bog-standard American
who doesn't do any RTL editing but can still see the Japanese fonts, your
problem must be that you don't have the proper fonts.

I agree, font issue. The OP needs to check his fonts.

To confirm, Zachary can paste the square boxes from the webpage to a
reply mail. Even though he does not have the correct fonts, the
unicode values should stay intact and we should see Japanese.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://bido.com
http://what-is-what.com

Please CC me if you want to be sure that I read your message. I do not
read all list mail.