Re: install debian without screen (on guruplug)
- From: Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 22:46:29 +0000
On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 12:59:55PM -0500, Nick Lidakis wrote:
On Tue, Mar 09, 2010 at 01:58:50PM +0100, Julien Vehent wrote:
Hi Debian folks,
I was considering testing this little piece of hardware that guruplug is.
Very attractive, but no vga output. So, next question is: how do I install
lenny without a display ?...
Any clue ?
If you haven't already purchased the hardware, please consider looking at
these fine little computers: http://www.pcengines.ch/alix.htm
There's also a Voyage Linux target for this hardware platform:
http://linux.voyage.hk/ Basically Debian that boots from compact flash, runs
in RAM, and retains and has apt capability.
Using Voyage from an ALix without VGA, one only needs to power up the board
and SSH for configuration. There's also a serial console available.
I installed Debian on my Alix board. I used a PXE network boot through a
serial console. Worked just fine.
Tzafrir Cohen | tzafrir@xxxxxxxxxx | VIM is
http://tzafrir.org.il | | a Mutt's
tzafrir@xxxxxxxxxxxxx | | best
ICQ# 16849754 | | friend
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: If you use DRDB ... dont update / upgrade your kernel
- Next by Date: Re: Linux should not be booting
- Previous by thread: Re: install debian without screen (on guruplug)
- Next by thread: how to install debian on an usb pendrive