Re: aptitude lists linux-image-2.6.32-trunk-686 under Obsolete and Locally Created Packages?

On Mon,15.Mar.10, 20:08:02, Snood wrote:

You can then reboot into the new kernel and remove the obsolete
linux-image-2.6.32-trunk-686 package.

Thank you. I did this, rebooted into the new kernel, used aptitude
to remove the old one, and removed the obsolete kernel. Everything
is ticking along nicely.

In general I prefer to keep at least one different kernel version
installed, Just In Case, but in this particular case I too did get rid
of the -trunk- image ASAP because:

- it shouldn't have been uploaded to unstable in the first place
- it messes up the usual boot order (the most recent kernel first)
- I have enough kernels installed ;)

Regards,
Andrei