Re: Network Manager Shows No Connection

I noticed two years ago when I installed Lenny (testing) that Gnome
showed no network connection however I did have an IP and could surf
fine. Last week I installed Squeeze and saw the same issue two years
later on completely different hardware. I just don't understand why
the network icon near the clock shows no connctivity.

Have you defined the NIC that you are using for network access in

If you do and are using Network Manager, the network icon will not
indicate whether you are or are not connected.

You can change the "managed" setting in
to use Network Manager and /etc/network/interfaces simultaneously and
this will probably show you a "connected" status when you have network