Re: Network Manager Shows No Connection

I noticed two years ago when I installed Lenny (testing) that Gnome
showed no network connection however I did have an IP and could surf
fine. Last week I installed Squeeze and saw the same issue two years
later on completely different hardware. I just don't understand why
the network icon near the clock shows no connctivity.

Have you defined the NIC that you are using for network access in
/etc/network/interfaces?

If you do and are using Network Manager, the network icon will not
indicate whether you are or are not connected.

You can change the "managed" setting in
/etc/NetworkManager/nm-system-settings.conf
to use Network Manager and /etc/network/interfaces simultaneously and
this will probably show you a "connected" status when you have network
access.

  • RE: Problems with Permissions
    ... And SBS server is only take ... the role of an internal server. ... they are all configured to connected to internal network. ... g. Run the Configure Email and Internet Connection Wizard on SBS server. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: problem with netinstall of AMD64 Etch.....
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Outgoing POP3 email missing/lost/not received
    ... Funny thing is that I have had this ISP for 8 years and it has always been ... It looks like when you last ran CEICW, you set the ISP's mail server to: ... Internet Connection Wizard. ... After the wizard completes, the following network connection ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: server disconnection - very often
    ... Often get the redirected folders working offline prompt on some client ... VMware virtual network interface cause network issue. ... On the Connection Type page, click Broadband, and then click Next. ... |> re-initialize the offline files cache and database on client computers: ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: OT By a mile in parts comments on Viet Nam
    ... check bank accouts etc etc whilst away but is safe to do so over wireless and using the hotel network.. ... you should regard your connection as insecure and use some ... form of encryption to protect your passwords and privacy. ... My recommendation would be to set up a VPN endpoint in the UK that you ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)