Re: gnash vs. flash

On Wed, 17 Mar 2010 22:03:39 -0400
Stefan Monnier <monnier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'm not at all convinced the problem is packaging (there doesn't seem to
be any conflict there). Last time I had a system with both Gnash and
adobe's flash, the problem was that Firefox just seemed to insist on
using Gnash even when I instructed it to disable the Gnash plugin.
So, all that's required is for someone to figure out how Firefox can be
convinced to use one over the other and then make sure this is well
documented.
At worst it may require some changes to Firefox.

A bug report against IW?

Celejar

  • Re: gnash vs. flash
    ... it not interfere with a certain non-free package. ... using Gnash even when I instructed it to disable the Gnash plugin. ... all that's required is for someone to figure out how Firefox can be ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • hooking /usr/ports/graphics/gnash to /usr/ports/www/firefox ?
    ... But I see no hint what to read, hot to get firefox to call gnash. ... But I'm not clear what the URL is, of the flash to save to file ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Gnash 0.8.4 released
    ... The third beta release of Gnash has just been made at version ... Firefox, Mozilla, and Konqueror. ... Gnash supports many SWF v7 features ... Fix support for movies embedding multiple sound streams ...
    (gnu.announce)
  • Gnash 0.8.4 released
    ... The third beta release of Gnash has just been made at version ... Firefox, Mozilla, and Konqueror. ... Gnash supports many SWF v7 features ... Fix support for movies embedding multiple sound streams ...
    (gnu.announce)
  • first alpha release of Gnash
    ... The first alpha release of Gnash has just been made at version ... Firefox, Mozilla, Konqueror, and Opera. ... and should work in any Mozilla based browser. ... always preferred to bug reports, as this is a community project. ...
    (gnu.announce)