Re: Transferring files over SSH in the console

Yes, but then I cannot get a regular shell for vim and such. I need to
both run commands and also transfer files.

That's what scp is for!!!!!

How can I get a shell with scp?

--
Dotan Cohen

http://bido.com
http://what-is-what.com

Please CC me if you want to be sure that I read your message. I do not
read all list mail.

  • Re: Transferring files over SSH in the console
    ... $ man scp ... sftp> which ls ... So there, no shell. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: scp problem
    ... scp -p file 192.168.1.1:./ssh ... The authenticity of host '192.168.1.105 ' can't be established. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: file transfer between two debian sarge machines in a lan
    ... What is the simplest way to transfer files between them. ... have different single user. ... If you use SCP, you probably don't need extra software. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Transfering large files (was: Unison hangs on copy)