Re: Not able to change password with passwd

Sjoerd Hardeman <sjoerd <at> lorentz.leidenuniv.nl> writes:

Mar 22 13:24:48 fp passwd[2001]: pam_winbind(passwd:chauthtok): valid_user:
wbcGetpwnam gave WBC_ERR_DOMAIN_NOT_FOUND
So you're trying to authenticate against a windows domain controller. Is
that indeed your setup?

Absolutely not. I wonder how this configuration came in place, considering I
installed the server recently from scratch and edited configuration-files very
carefully and tried to understand every single thing I changed anywhere. I
installed samba, though, and edited its configurationfile smb.conf. I'll have to
look into this issue and find out where this is configured (in /etc/pam.d/ I
guess) and change it. Thanks for the hint.

airflow <at> fp:/$ lsattr /usr/bin/passwd
in CC, which isn't possible in gmane.

Regards,
Florian

  • Re: StorCenter ix2-200 Network Storage over open-iscsi package.
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: netgear wg311 v2 and configuration
    ... >Subject: Re: netgear wg311 v2 and configuration ... >> Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! ... Check out the new MSN Search! ... To unsubscribe, ...
    (freebsd-current)
  • Re: netgear wg311 v2 and configuration
    ... >Subject: Re: netgear wg311 v2 and configuration ... Check out the new MSN Search! ... To unsubscribe, ...
    (freebsd-current)
  • Re: Is there a system sync tool?
    ... I updates something (configuration, packages, etc), the tool would ... I use it to keep laptops in sync with a "master" (rsync could do this part) computer, but also retrieve files added to the laptops during the day. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: printing problem - spurious "d" characters, bad pixels, spuriousform feeds
    ... with Woody, kernel 2.4, and the pre-CUPs printing system. ... the kernel and interrupt handlers (device drivers)). ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)