Re: ftp.master

Brad Rogers wrote, on 2010-04-06 16:48:
On Tue, 06 Apr 2010 07:41:50 +0930
Arthur Marsh <arthur.marsh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Arthur,

First, I must tell you that I'm not a Debian officer/official )call them
what you will), so anything I say isn't to be taken as policy.

(Disclaimer, disclaimer, disclaimer)

I'm still having problems with my local (un-metered) mirror not
showing updates, but if I switch /etc/apt/sources.list to point to ftp.at.debian.org I have 260 more upgradeable packages.

Debian have no control over that system, as it's not a Debian officially
sanctioned mirror, AFAICT. Certainly, it's not listed in the latest
Debian mirror status page at; http://mirror.debian.org/status.html

I suspect that server is provided by your ISP only as a courtesy to
customers. Any issues would have to be taken up with them.

Thanks for the pointers. After skimming http://www.debian.org/mirror/ftpmirror I looked at:

Index of ftp://mirror.internode.on.net/pub/debian/project/trace/

free.hands.com 03/04/10 16:55:00
ftp-master.debian.org 25/03/10 16:56:00
mirror.internode.on.net 06/04/10 05:00:00
syncproxy.eu.debian.org 03/04/10 16:40:00

Regards,

Arthur.

  • Re: ftp.master
    ... Arthur Marsh wrote: ... (Disclaimer, disclaimer, disclaimer) ... Debian have no control over that system, as it's not a Debian officially ... sanctioned mirror, AFAICT. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Soliciting hardware recommendations
    ... My "day job" is as a systems programmer for IBM mainframes. ... They for sure aren't gaming boxes or movie editors. ... Disclaimer: Any disclaimer attached to this message may be ignored. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: A Question about Journalling File Systems and Flash Drives
    ... Disclaimer: my experience of that problem is very limited - maybe half a dozen instances. ... I "suspect" the problem stems from autoformat, and a problem with Sdbus.sys during ADMA tranfers - MS pushed out some updates in late '09 that seemed to fix it. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Emails [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]
    ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ... Even though /some/ human made the decision to place that signature at the end ... the fact is that you have no control over it and cannot change ... The disclaimer in the OP's email is likely appended *after* he sends it by ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Php update killed my wiki site.