Re: Migrate OS to smaller drive?
- From: thib <thib@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2010 23:17:36 +0200
Sjoerd Hardeman wrote:
I thought symlinks keep point via a file location memo, like "look at
/usr/share/the/file/you/want", which is the old location just after
copying, but the new location when you boot from your new device and
that becomes root.
A tool that tries to be too smart could try to relocate it.
Not sure how it would work out though; you'd probably have to be inside the new system, copying files from the old one, and not the other way around.
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: Migrate OS to smaller drive?
- Next by Date: Re: About USB hard drives and errors
- Previous by thread: Re: Migrate OS to smaller drive?
- Next by thread: Re: Migrate OS to smaller drive?