Re: Does bcm4310 work with Debian Lenny?

My 2 cents :)

I have a bcm4312, "cousin" of your wireless. b43 gave me a terribly
bad performance, and ndiswrapper works fine for me, however, you need
to blacklist ssb and b43 modules at boot (not neccessary anymore?)

I think your chip is also covered by wl.ko (official linux module, non-free), it's under the packages names broadcom-sta *. You need to build this one from the repos. I recall getting ndis and b43 to work on lenny, can't remember if I also tried wl.ko on lenny (the one I use now on squeeze and Archlinux).
The latter offers the best performance with my chipset (not pain-free, though).

  • Re: kernel versus broadcom wlan
    ... Maybe you could try to unload it ("modprobe ... -rv b43") and then reload it. ... be a message about loading the firmware for both success and failure. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: broadcom-sta was removed
    ... "This driver has been orphaned and does not build against kernel ... The hardware it supports should now be handled by the ... It seems that b43 is supposed to do everything that broadcom-sta did. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: 2.6.31 kernels
    ... fast because it did not compile against the 2.6.31 kernel and that ... I have compiled and am using it against a 2.6.31 kernel. ... b43 doesn't handle all the cards. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Bls: Installing a Broadcom 4312 rev 02 wifi card
    ... Firmware-ID: FW13] ... it seems weird that there is only one line about the b43 module... ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ... Trouble? ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: kernel versus broadcom wlan
    ... Maybe you could try to unload it ("modprobe ... -rv b43") and then reload it. ... new entries in the persistent-net-rules file? ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)