Re: How to play 3gp audio files?

looking for a way to play *.3gp audio files from the command
line. Mplayer doesn't seem to work:

Mmmm, it seems you are missing a codec (AMR). In debian multimedia
repo there is one package that provides that codec:

floating-point Adaptive Multi-Rate (AMR) speech codec
http://debian-multimedia.org/dists/stable/main/binary-i386/package/amrnb.php

I installed the amrnb package from the multimedia repo, but it didn't
help. I also installed the OpenCORE AMR libraries to /usr/local/lib as
recommended on the Mplayer site:

MPlayer can use the OpenCORE AMR libraries through FFmpeg.
Download the libraries for AMR-NB and AMR-WB from the
opencore-amr project and install them according to the
instructions on that page.
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/codec-installation.html
http://sourceforge.net/projects/opencore-amr/

But that didn't help. Also built ffmpeg from source as suggested here:
and did this:

svn checkout svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/ffmpeg/trunk ffmpeg
./configure --enable-libopencore-amrnb --enable-version3
make
make install

That didn't help either, keep getting "Cannot find codec 'libamr_nb' in
libavcodec..." still searching around the www to see what I can find.

John

--
John Magolske
http://B79.net/contact

  • Re: cant play avi file
    ... lot to backup before I install so I don't install as often as I ... I have mplayer installed. ... AVI file format detected. ... FFmpeg's libavcodec codec family ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: How to play 3gp audio files?
    (Debian-User)
  • mplayer and tscc codec
    ... I tried to play an AVI with mplayer - without success. ... This codec is on my system in /usr/lib/win32 ... Testing OS support for SSE unmasked exceptions... ... Disabling DPMS ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: MP4s in Win 7 WMP: Video, no audio
    ... Maybe I can find an HTC support board. ... Someone might have found the AMR codec HTC uses. ... So I'm still in search of an AMR narrowband codec for Win 7. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Re: MP4s in Win 7 WMP: Video, no audio
    ... I have never heard of the AMR audio codec either, ... I installed Real, and it works, but MM/WMP audio still does not, which I take to mean that Real does not install codecs available to other programs. ... So I'm still in search of an AMR narrowband codec for Win 7. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)