Re: How to play 3gp audio files?

looking for a way to play *.3gp audio files from the command
line. Mplayer doesn't seem to work:

Mmmm, it seems you are missing a codec (AMR). In debian multimedia
repo there is one package that provides that codec:

floating-point Adaptive Multi-Rate (AMR) speech codec
http://debian-multimedia.org/dists/stable/main/binary-i386/package/amrnb.php

I installed the amrnb package from the multimedia repo, but it didn't
help. I also installed the OpenCORE AMR libraries to /usr/local/lib as
recommended on the Mplayer site:

MPlayer can use the OpenCORE AMR libraries through FFmpeg.
Download the libraries for AMR-NB and AMR-WB from the
opencore-amr project and install them according to the
instructions on that page.
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/codec-installation.html
http://sourceforge.net/projects/opencore-amr/

But that didn't help. Also built ffmpeg from source as suggested here:
and did this:

svn checkout svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/ffmpeg/trunk ffmpeg
./configure --enable-libopencore-amrnb --enable-version3
make
make install

That didn't help either, keep getting "Cannot find codec 'libamr_nb' in
libavcodec..." still searching around the www to see what I can find.

John

--
John Magolske
http://B79.net/contact