Re: PDF is blocked for printing, etc. OK for acroread (it behaves as expected), but KPDF allows me to print it, even if it is protected! Why?

Twas brillig at 17:32:51 19.04.2010 UTC+02 when
Luca.Merciadri@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx did gyre and gimble:

Pdf "anti-features" are fake security. Don't trust on them, never.
ML> And what do you suggest if one wants some real protection _and_ the
ML> benefits of a format like PDF? Thanks.

There is no "real" protection.

--
http://fossarchy.blogspot.com/

  • Re: Purchasing The Standard
    ... >either violating the copyright license or getting into a very gray area. ... However, I didn't circumvent the copy protection of the document, ... How would another format help? ... >I don't have specifics relating to the standard, as I don't own a PDF copy, nor ...
    (comp.lang.cpp)
  • Re: Behind the Times? (was Re: Conventions)
    ... >>> I wouldn't be surprised if there's software for turning >> pdf text into ascii. ... One of the useful features of a PDF is that you can ... circumvented which makes the PDF format less effective at protecting the ... better protection will be found. ...
    (rec.arts.sf.fandom)
  • Re: vector drawing?
    ... Best Format for Placing Vector Graphics ... printers, it doesn't do well on their B&W Brother & HP printers. ... Just another opinion, but for a logo I'd use Illy's Export as PDF - In fact, ...
    (microsoft.public.word.drawing.graphics)
  • Re: linux-flashplugin7
    ... That presumably still has a fibre or copper backbone. ... Wouldn't mind if they followed up that with the flash format. ... Same goes for things being released in PDF. ... I would prefer the format specs to be open over them ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc)
  • Re: No Word 2007 Viewer?
    ... I forget that sometimes because while I have PDF creating ... Word 2007 was used to create it in Word 2007 format. ... come out with a genuine Word 2007 viewer at some point. ... You simply can't access new Word 2007-only features unless you're ...
    (microsoft.public.word.conversions)