Moving to Debian: updated software

I am looking for KDE 4.4.2 and Open Office 3.2 packages for Lenny. I
have found qt-kde.debian, Debian Experimental, Testing, Unstable, and
Backports. It looks to me that Backports is the best for an everyday
user who values stability, and prefers to use released software
version. Please let me know where I am mistaken. Thanks.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://bido.com
http://what-is-what.com

  • Re: I want to install lenny from scratch
    ... recently here I've seen threads about libc6 breaking on lenny. ... some latest packages are in lenny can be useful. ... I would use backports instead. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Backports on Squeeze OT question/issue
    ... For installing single packages, yes, "-t" should be enough. ... pinning (prioritize backports over the standard repositories) should be ... Do the backports show up there ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Old versions Backports?
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Am i playing with fire?