Debian on IBM eServer System p5 - POWER Arch
- From: Abhishek Amberkar [अभिषेक] <abhishek.amberkar@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 13:04:04 +0530
I am trying to install Debian Testing on IBM eServer System p5.
I get a boot prompt where I enter
"expert install video=ofonly"
It loads kernel then ELF and then I get a b/w screen saying,
instantiating rtas at 0x07716000 .... done
WARNING: maximum cups (1) exceeded: ignoring extras
copying OF device tree...
Building dt strings...
Building dt structure....
Device tree strings 0x01e01000 -> 0x01d023b3
Device tree struct 0x01e03000 -> 0x01e12000
returning from prom_init
and then system freezes.
What can be the solution for this problem?
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: USB key accepts data only as root
- Next by Date: Re: Filesystem recommendations
- Previous by thread: laptop-mode for a downloading machine
- Next by thread: Re: Debian on IBM eServer System p5 - POWER Arch