Re: invisible console (solved)

On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 08:09:06 -0400 (EDT), Jan Willem Stumpel wrote:

Sorry. Missed a previous thread. Cured it by setting

options radeon modeset=0

in /etc/modprobe.d/radeon-kms.conf

This works (original value was 1).

Our posts crossed in the mail. I didn't see this until I sent my
last post. Sorry. I'm glad you got it solved. And it looks like
my hunch about this being related to kernel mode setting was right.

Still, you might want to try using the alternate fonts, if you do
any significant work in the console. I think they look better.

--
.''`. Stephen Powell
: :' :

  • Re: Graphic problem on Debian testing installed on Dell Optiplex 960
    ... I think that radeon is starting with KMS because ... contains "options radeon modeset=1". ... There is however still a problem with kernel 2.6.32-5: ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Filesystem problem
    ... > serial console log output since boot? ... >> Do you Yahoo!? ... >> To unsubscribe, send any mail to ... easy-to-use web site design software ...
    (freebsd-current)
  • Re: cups newbie
    ... log in as root at the console or an xterm window. ... as the user at the console, and restart X-window. ... ought to be the highest honor and the highest responsibility anyone ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: dist-upgrade to testing killed dual-monitors
    ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email todebian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ... but left the xserver-xorg-video-nouveau package installed. ... All I get is a black screen when I boot into a console or exit from X to a console. ... However, if I type blindly and login and "startx", I get a usable screen on one monitor only. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: a dumb query? pls humor me
    ... But it's not The Console. ... Login: prompt. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)