curious gnome desktop behaviour after upgrade

Hello,

I am using squeeze on a dell laptop, and am using Gnome, as came with
the standard installation.

Yesterday, after a big “safe-upgrade” my desktop started to behave curiously.

When I open a console on the GUI and minimize it, it appears to go to
the bottom right corner, and then disappears completely.
Then the Panel on the top panel no longer functions.
Icons on the desktop continue to function.

If I open another app, all of the buttons on the top panel disappear,
except for the volume button.
Then the bottom panel becomes completely bank.

Any ideas what has happened?

John

  • Re: Graphics 1920x1440, monitor 1680x1050, nv 1280x1024.
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: [SOLVED] Is my processor 32-bit or 64-bit?
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Gnome Logout/Shutdown
    ... Martin wrote: ... select Add To Panel ... correctly depending on the power being plugged or not. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Locked Panel - Ubuntu Netbook Release
    ... example you appear to have missed my suggestion to click Lock To Panel ... Modify settings or unsubscribe at: ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Scripting gnome-panels
    ... and add one to the extra monitor. ... Basically, add one panel to one monitor, and add a window list to that ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject ... Trouble? ...
    (Debian-User)