Re: colorized ls

On 09.05.2010 22:26, Rick Pasotto wrote:
What did I update recently that caused me to lose ls coloring with this
error message:

ls: unrecognized prefix: hl
ls: unparsable value for LS_COLORS environment variable

How should I fix it?

Using lenny here, but it has been set in .bashrc afaik at least for the
last 3 debian releases. Doesn't your ~/.bashrc contain something like:

# You may uncomment the following lines if you want `ls' to be colorized:
export LS_OPTIONS='--color=auto'
eval "`dircolors`"
alias ls='ls $LS_OPTIONS'

Best regards

Mart

  • Single mouse click registers as double click
    ... I had this problem on Lenny after some updates back in May 2008, ... fix the problem. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: colorized ls
    ... ls: unrecognized prefix: hl ... How should I fix it? ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Problem with Debian Lenny Installation CD #1 Corrected
    ... I was informed that the problem I ran into with the first CD of Debian ... Lenny has been corrected and that this fix will soon be reflected on ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: colorized ls
    ... ls: unrecognized prefix: hl ... How should I fix it? ... whatever your shell' config is) so it will run every time shell starts. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Has anyone installed squeeze on an HP Pavillion ?