Re: [SOLVED] New 3-button serial mouse not detected by Lenny

On Monday 17 May 2010 12:50:49 Chris Austin wrote:
Do you have some reason for not wanting to use a scrollwheel?

Not really, but looking on Google for 3-button mice, I saw a message that
said a scroll-wheel mouse is fiddly to use, and the scroll-wheel has to be
clicked accurately, or something to that effect.

I have never had a problem with this in the 4/5 years that I have been using
Linux, with a large variety of different scroll wheel mice on a number of
different computers and in various distros. I find a scroll wheel mouse much
easier to use than a three button mouse, because the distinction between the
buttons is easier to identify.

Lisi

  • Re: Re: [SOLVED] New 3-button serial mouse not detected by Lenny
    ... 17 May 2010 Tom Furie wrote: ... a scroll-wheel mouse is fiddly to use, and the scroll-wheel has to be clicked ... 3-button emulation seemed to have deteriorated for some reason. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: What is Apples aversion to scroll wheels!!
    ... On any XP on planet earth you plug in a wireless usb mouse with a ... No scroll wheel, go to Prefs, nope can't configure it to work ... Are you stating that you can plug ANY USB wireless mouse with a scrollwheel ... manufactured a scroll-wheel mouse where the scroll-wheel doesn't comply ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: [SOLVED] New 3-button serial mouse not detected by Lenny
    ... On 05/17/2010 06:50 AM, Chris Austin wrote: ... a scroll-wheel mouse is fiddly to use, and the scroll-wheel has to be clicked ... The fist time you accidentally move the mouse over to Window B and scroll the wheel while Window A is active, you'll wonder how you ever lived without it. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: No scroll-wheel after Free-BSD update
    ... Torsten Patzig wrote: ... scroll-wheel works fine again. ... (after a upgrade) ... from the moused parameters to enable the scroll wheel to work again. ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc)