Re: Unable to connect to my home wireless

Jordan Metzmeier wrote:
It sounds to me like this was not a regular upgrade, or your running/mixing
with a release such as testing or unstable. You can use "aptitude why
network-manager-kde" to find out why a package was automatically
installed.

You are right, I am running debian/testing. The packet was installed with a
big KDE update.

You also seem to be wanting to complain, instead of asking for support or
looking for discussion.

I hoped at least the first part of the mail would be helpful to someone having
the same problem. I found a few posts with the same error during the last, but
no answer so far.

IMO complaints should go to bugs.debian.org,
not necessarily here.

Noted.

Th.

  • Re: Is apt-get still the cool package installer?
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: the new apt-get recommendation
    ... of my package installations history. ... In preparing to install a given package, what would alert me that my ... I read some other official documentation recommend aptitude. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: difficulties updating Etch
    ... just "some files failed to download"; I guess it timed out or something. ... IMHO, if you have been using aptitude religiously, don't do anything outside ... flashy red errors about the package cache. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: When you needed newer software than Sid/Backports provide...