Non Working Keyboard

I have an older computer which use to have Windows XP on it. It currently has Vinux 3.0 on it. I downloaded the Debian I386 installation version of 5.0.4 ISO and burned it to CD. When I try to install it, I get an opening screen with an installation menu which then freezes. I have no apparent keyboard input, and of course no mouse.

I tried the same CD on a newer computer and it first brings up an option to choose my language and then brings up the installation menu which is accessible from my keyboard. It then brings up a license screen. At that point I abort the install.

What do I need to do to install this to the older computer which has an AMD 1500+ mz processor.

David Hoff Jr

  • Re: Mozilla and Flash
    ... >> Still no Flash available in Mozilla. ... when it says "Click here to install addition packages ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ... Trouble? ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Best way to install second version of Debian?
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Bits from the (chilly) release team
    ... What do I need to do to get bug ... "installation-reports: Install yaboot on a hard disk - Failed to install boot loader" ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx a subject of "unsubscribe". ... Trouble? ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: netinst question
    ... Turns out all I needed to do was execute a shell. ... This is my first attempt at installing debian via internet - I've been using the Agnula distribution, but for various reasons I'm trying the netinst install. ... Trouble is, my laptop (hp ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: PAM LDAP queries attempt to bind with empty binddn
    ... That's what's used when lookup is done by process with effective user ... Our LDAP queries are failing and, when we look at the access logs on our ... did not query at all until we realized we needed to install passwd. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)