Non Working Keyboard

I have an older computer which use to have Windows XP on it. It currently has Vinux 3.0 on it. I downloaded the Debian I386 installation version of 5.0.4 ISO and burned it to CD. When I try to install it, I get an opening screen with an installation menu which then freezes. I have no apparent keyboard input, and of course no mouse.

I tried the same CD on a newer computer and it first brings up an option to choose my language and then brings up the installation menu which is accessible from my keyboard. It then brings up a license screen. At that point I abort the install.

What do I need to do to install this to the older computer which has an AMD 1500+ mz processor.

David Hoff Jr

  • Re: Mozilla and Flash
    ... >> Still no Flash available in Mozilla. ... when it says "Click here to install addition packages ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ... Trouble? ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Best way to install second version of Debian?
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Bits from the (chilly) release team
    ... What do I need to do to get bug ... "installation-reports: Install yaboot on a hard disk - Failed to install boot loader" ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx a subject of "unsubscribe". ... Trouble? ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: netinst question
    ... Turns out all I needed to do was execute a shell. ... This is my first attempt at installing debian via internet - I've been using the Agnula distribution, but for various reasons I'm trying the netinst install. ... Trouble is, my laptop (hp ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: re: Installing Free BSD 5.21
    ... > To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, ... When I try to install some ... > the axe device works fine in USB 2.0 mode, when plugged in after boot. ... > plugged in after boot, the axe module hangs, looping forever on the ...
    (freebsd-questions)