Re: Requesting Backports

On Thu, Jun 03, 2010 at 03:21:46PM +0200, James Stuckey wrote:
Is there an official way to request backports? Or, what is the easiest way
to make packages for lenny when using squeeze?�

I'd just say send the package maintainers a friendly request, at

For backporting, you would want to create a Lenny chroot and build
your package in there. I don't have links at hand, but an easy way
would be to use pbuilder, as is described in this (rather old) page:

If a 'train station' is where a train stops, what's a 'workstation'?