Re: downloading squeeze

Dne, 05. 06. 2010 19:34:22 je roberto napisal(a):

which one should i download ?

The *right* one, by any means!

Only kidding. The first CD should suffice if you have a working Internet connection that you can use *during* the installation. The Debian Installer, once started from the first CD, will download everything else it may need from the Internet, as-you-go. You only need other CDs if you want to install Debian on a machine that has no (wired) Internet access.

--
Regards, and good luck!

Klistvud
Certifiable Loonix User #481801
http://bufferoverflow.tiddlyspot.com

  • Re: Debian Installation Problem
    ... sarge. ... I just cannot connect to internet... ... During the installation i ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Updating off-line computer
    ... installation at home while connected to Internet from CD 1. ... There are no Internet connections of any kind and I’d like to keep the O.S. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: [solved] Re: Debian wont install via businesscard
    ... to connect to internet I normally need `ppp', ... need at least a base system ready: so, how is it possible to have an ... That's also documented in the Installation Guide: ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: A simple question FORK! Something that bugs me about net-installs and security
    ... Debian Manual suggests no contact with the internet until the ... during installation. ... you can set up firewall rules to limit ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • how to download the packages in Debian testing non-free before installing?
    ... how do I download the packages in the non-free section and make them useable by the Debian installer before starting the installation? ... So I need to dowload all the DVDs before starting the installation, and still the software needed to get the wirless card (Intel Centrino Wireless-N ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)