Re: Mplib.pm wanted.

Hi!

On Tue, Jun 01, 2010 at 02:02:54AM +0700, Sthu Deus wrote:
I need a perl module called Mplib.pm .
But I cannot find it in lenny trying this command:
Nor do I.

aptitude search Mplib.pm

Is there no such a package containing such a file, or I searched
wrongfully?
Yes, you searched wrongfully. When you want to figure out to which package file
belongs to, you should use apt-file:

apt-file search Mplib.pm

You can also assume that there are package named by file it containing, and run
the following command:

aptitude search mplib

And of course you can use web interface[1] (which have some pros - for example,
you can search for file in different version of Debian, as I did - I'm running
Squeeze but I searched in Lenny via web).

According to CPAN[2], MP3-Mplib is pretty old and unsupported (last updated 06
Mar 2004), so it probably wasn't been packed for Debian at all. You can look for
alternatives, or go and try to install it directly from CPAN.

1. http://packages.debian.org
2. http://search.cpan.org/~vparseval/MP3-Mplib-0.02/

----
Regards,
Alexander Batischev

  • Re: aptitute became non-working after installation of manual-compiled .deb Linux kernel
    ... I wasn't able to locate file for the linux-image-2.6.23 package. ... I'm still unable to install any package. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Installing GTK+
    ... The command is; ... The first line seems to indicate that I'm missing the whole package. ... # apt-get install libgtk2.0-dev ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Local copy of ALL man pages
    ... access all man pages {whether or not package ... installed} using the man command. ... Would it be reasonable to utilise a manpage cache with dial-on-demand, ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: versions of packages available in other branches
    ... to obtain information about versions of a package currently available in ... But I am looking for a command line alternative. ... reportbug seem to be doing this some how. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Fwd: webpages: web page for "volatile" needs to be updated for Lenny
    ... I submitted this as a bug report, but as I didn't know what package to submit it against, I doubt it will be seen. ... So I'm forwarding it to "debian-users" in hopes that it will reach the right people there... ... The web page at http://www.debian.org/volatile/ mentions Sarge and Etch, but not Lenny. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)