Re: Debian asking for DVD... (FYI)

On 06/10/2010 04:57 AM, Steven wrote:
On Thu, June 10, 2010 08:25, Andrew M.A. Cater wrote:
3. You boot from the DVD _and_ a network cable is found. At this point,
you're asked whether you want to use
the network. In Testing at the moment, I think the message is even
something along the lines of "You're currently
installing from a CD/DVD - do you want to use netwrok repositories?"
I installed squeeze (this is still testing, right? :) ) a couple of times
recently, but haven't seen this message, is it only in the full CD/DVD? Or
has it to do with the GUI install, I used the debian installer (text mode)
on a netinstall.

The netinstall only has the essential packages for a bare-bones system, so it cannot offer installation from the CD/DVD - packages must be fetched from the network.

--
I think that I shall never see
A billboard lovely as a tree.

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
eduardo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  • Re: Wireless Setup Problem - Thanks
    ... Subject: Wireless Setup Problem ... When I put the cursor on the network icon the ... consider installing WICD instead. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • arno-iptables-firewall package question
    ... So far as I can tell, the firewall package is only installing itself after the network has already come up. ... How can I correct that order after the package has been installed so arno-iptables-firewall runs just before the network connection gets brought up? ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Debian asking for DVD... (FYI)