Re: Debian asking for DVD... (FYI)
- From: Eduardo M KALINOWSKI <eduardo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 10:08:43 -0300
On 06/10/2010 04:57 AM, Steven wrote:
On Thu, June 10, 2010 08:25, Andrew M.A. Cater wrote:
3. You boot from the DVD _and_ a network cable is found. At this point,I installed squeeze (this is still testing, right? :) ) a couple of times
you're asked whether you want to use
the network. In Testing at the moment, I think the message is even
something along the lines of "You're currently
installing from a CD/DVD - do you want to use netwrok repositories?"
recently, but haven't seen this message, is it only in the full CD/DVD? Or
has it to do with the GUI install, I used the debian installer (text mode)
on a netinstall.
The netinstall only has the essential packages for a bare-bones system, so it cannot offer installation from the CD/DVD - packages must be fetched from the network.
I think that I shall never see
A billboard lovely as a tree.
Indeed, unless the billboards fall
I'll never see a tree at all.
-- Ogden Nash
Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: Web browsers, Adobe Flash & Debian
- Next by Date: Re: Web browsers, Adobe Flash & Debian
- Previous by thread: Re: Debian asking for DVD... (FYI)
- Next by thread: SOLVED Re: Debian asking for DVD... (FYI)