Re: [OT] First computer

Miles Fidelman writes:
It continually amazes me that the [Z80 is] still in production and
widespread use.

I've got a pile of them upstairs. If I had an EPROM eraser (a
programmer is easy to build) I'd use them instead of Atmel chips.

It could well be the most popular chip ever made for embedded
applications.

That would be the Intel MCS48 family and/or the 8051. The latter is
still in production as an ASIC core.
--
John Hasler

  • Re: is this =?UTF-8?Q?sensible=3F?=
    ... Then, when I do some action which breaks something, I can fix it by hand, using my own choices, assisted with the preview of the actions that I use like a summary of the actions to do/stuff to fix. ... I know that it probably needs more time than simply asking to softwares to guess what you want, but I am a programmer, and I know that a program can never guess what I have in mind, which solution I will prefer. ... Especially since I do behave differently regarding computer choices than most people. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • RE: basic programming questions
    ... >> I'm not a programmer, but I need to get something done in C for a ... >> the header file including these functions! ... > This email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email Security System. ... To unsubscribe, ...
    (freebsd-hackers)
  • Re: is it possible to install a desktop-manager without python and perl?